.:Yarn Along:.

by Cynthia on March 12, 2013

yarn along march 13

Milo vest for Gabriel

yarn along march 13b

yarn along march 13c

Joining Ginny for this week’s Yarn Along.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

My goodness how the last week sure flew on by me! I’m so busy catching up that I never got another post published after my last Yarn Along. March is going crazy fast for me right now. I need it to slow down a little. We’ve got lots of birthdays in March including little Gabriel’s at the end of the month. Lots to get ready for!

I just finished Gabriel’s Milo vest yesterday while he napped. When he got up I was so excited to show it to him and have him try it on. Then, wouldn’t you know, the little guy decided to be a stinker and refused to try it on. Crushed my heart. I’m sure he will wear it in a few days– if I don’t make a big deal of it. He probably knew I’d chase after him with my camera if he put it on!

I’ve been steadily knitting away at my Weekend Shawl. Only three more rows to go then I begin the second (and final) lace chart. I can’t wait to finish this one and get it blocked. I’m loving it so much right now. My goal is to be done by the end of the week. It is destined to be a gift and the deadline is rapidly approaching!

My fiction reading is still slow going. I can never seem to tear myself from the nonfiction books. I recently received a copy of The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton through Paperback Swap and I’m hoping I can start it this week. I have read mixed reviews on it. Has anyone else read it? Would you give it a thumbs up or down?

I look forward to reading all of your Yarn Along posts. Hopefully it will not take me another week before I blog again!

sustainablemum March 13, 2013 at 8:50 am

I love both if your knits. The book sounds really interesting but not one I have read, hope you enjoy it.

heathermama March 13, 2013 at 9:15 am

the milo turned out great. :) and that yarn for the shawl is stunning. what is it??

Leslie March 13, 2013 at 10:26 am

‘Milo’s’ are precious, too bad boys don’t always c0-0perate.
Your beautiful shawl entered my library and on to my daughter who asked Sunday, “If I knitted you a shawl what color……..?”

Angela McMahan March 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Great yarn choices, especially that turquoise shawl-just gorgeous! I’m not sure I would be kind enough to give it away as a gift…. ;)

Paula March 13, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Love the colours of your knitting. Aren’t shawls fun?!

Anne March 13, 2013 at 4:03 pm

The milo is just beautiful! I love the color, and the color of the shawl too. Looking forward to seeing it finished. :-)

Siné March 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I started reading that book when I was pregnant with my first child and was enjoying it thoroughly when it needed to be returned to the library. Thank you for reminding me of it; perhaps, I will go check it out again next time I am at the library.

katharine March 13, 2013 at 7:56 pm

The shawl is such a gorgeous blue! And what’s with everyone reading the Forgotten Garden? I must pick that one up it seems.

Nat @ Made in Home March 14, 2013 at 1:33 am

Your milo looks great!

Cassidy March 14, 2013 at 6:34 am

I love both of those blues! So gorgeous. I have read The Forgotten Garden. I really enjoyed it. I have read another Kate Morton book, The Secret Keeper, as well. I love her style of writing. They were books that once I was invested, I did not want to put them down at all.

karen March 14, 2013 at 7:47 am

I love Morton’s writing immensely. I thought it was a great book, it does hug the gothic fiction genre which I have loved as well. Can’t wait to hear what your thoughts are about the book. Your project is lovely and that blue is the bluest blue I’ve seen in a while-gorgeous!!

Taryn Kae Wilson @ Wooly Moss Roots March 14, 2013 at 9:04 am

Cynthia,
Oohing and ahhing over both blue colors of your yarns! :) Gorgeous.

Love,