My Tomato Baby

by Cynthia on October 5, 2011

He has us both scratching our heads and laughing at the same time because for whatever reason, Gabriel absolutely loves tomatoes. He frequently asks for them at snack time and when he gets out in the garden he raids the beds with the tomatoes growing like untamed animals. (I never really got around to staking them this year.)

{This crazy weather we have had! We are still gathering tomatoes every few days.}

Ariella is much more interested in the flowers than the tomatoes.

These two green zebra tomatoes were meant for lunch but when I looked away Gabriel swiped them for himself.

He probably would have eventually ran off with the bright orange ones (Kellogg’s Breakfast) as well but I put those inside before he could.

See, he attempted to steal one after the green zebras were all gone!

My two little ones know this garden so well. Watching them run about in it this week has made me a little sad since we will be leaving it so very soon. I keep reminding myself we will make new memories in our new home and what fun we will have there.

…………….

{Seeds from the green zebra tomatoes can be found here.

And seeds from the Kellogg’s Breakfast tomatoes can be found here.}

Steph October 6, 2011 at 4:14 am

Those are the cutesy pics of gabriel!!! The guy obviously has great taste!!!!

Rain October 6, 2011 at 5:07 am

I have a tomato lover here, too! Sadly, our harvest was VERY small this year. Loads of unripe ones on the vines, though…think I’ll bring them to the window sill to see what happens. Wishing you well on these last days in your beloved rental home.

Taryn Oakley October 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love tomatoes too… but I think it is extra cute when kids just eat them off the vine!!

Barbee' October 6, 2011 at 11:24 am

I’m wondering: how do you know when the green tomatoes are ripe?

Annie's Granny October 6, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I can’t believe how big Gabriel is getting! It’s nice he loves tomatoes, much better than those children who prefer candy and junk food!

Victoria October 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Can’t believe that little guy loves tomatoes!
Sorry to hear you’re moving, haven’t been to your blog in a while. I hope it’s all for the best. I’m sure you’ll miss your garden, but I hope and trust you’ll enjoy gardening wherever you go.

Ellen October 12, 2011 at 4:38 am

That is funny. I wish we had that problem. Two of our boys dislike tomatoes. My husband and I think it’s a ‘crime’ not to like a fresh garden tomato, still warm from the sun…