Anxiously Awaiting

by Cynthia on October 4, 2011

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for this weeks Yarn Along.

……………

{Wow! I cannot believe a week has passed already since my last blog post! This has been quite a month already!}

Last Wednesday night I began Gabriel’s new sweater after finishing up Ariella’s cardigan just in time for the Yarn Along. She has been able to wear it a couple of times now and I think she likes it. I know I do!

I do not have too much to share when it comes to my recent reads. I wish I could find more time to read but I am sure that will not be the case for a few more weeks or at least until we are finally settled in our new home. The other day I picked up a book I have been meaning to read for quite a while now. I once read the first couple of chapters of Radical Homemakers and was completely fascinated. I cannot wait to read the whole thing.

On the knitting side of this post, Gabriel’s sweater is much easier on me, the knitter, since I do not have to contend with stripes like I did with Ariella’s. It is a nice break from all the color changes her cardigan involved. I’m enjoying the easy pace of this knit and needing it too as this has been the most stressful week yet in our pull-your-hair-out house hunt.

We are ever so slowly inching towards closing on our new home. One crazy detail after another has dragged this process out for almost two weeks passed our original closing date. I think we are going to get into our new home by the skin of our teeth. We have to be out of our current home by next week so we are really beginning to sweat some bullets. This is all almost too much for me. I can typically go with the flow pretty well in life but I am now completely pushed to my limits by how crazy this house buying event has been.

We are currently waiting to hear if we can close on Thursday or Friday and hopefully move by late this weekend or even early next week.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us and I will be sure to keep you posted. If I am not here for next week’s Yarn Along you will now why!

Kelly October 4, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Good luck with your closing!!!! Boy, you have a lot to deal with. Hope your move goes smoothly, and glad you’re finding a few minutes to knit and relax! Cardigan looks lovely. : )

Cynthia October 4, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Kelly. :)

Amy October 4, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I may have to RUN to the library tomorrow and see if I can find that book! I love those colors for the sweater. It’s going to turn out great.

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Amy. :) I am rather pleased with how the sweater is turning out so far. I think it is going to be awfully cute on him!

Annie's Granny October 4, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Oh, my fingers and toes are crossed for you! I panic at house buying and selling, but always enjoy the actual moving.

Cynthia October 4, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Thank you Granny. :D

Tracey October 5, 2011 at 3:28 am

I do hope you close on your home soon. Banks are being so difficult since all the mess last year, it’s crazy how hard they have made it!
The sweater is lovely and knitting is calming so knit away! :) xx

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Thank you Tracey. I am happy I have my knitting right now! :)

Andria October 5, 2011 at 3:41 am

House buying/moving is the WORST! We just moved into a new place a couple of months ago and it was so stressful. I hope all goes well for and things quiet down soon. I love your sweater, it looks lovely!

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Hi Andria, thanks for the kind words. :) I cannot wait for this all to be over! Everyone we have talked to that has bought a house in recent months tells us how hard it is these days and they are not kidding!

Jen October 5, 2011 at 4:00 am

Cynthia,
I am sending the best wishes to you all! Hope you move quickly and soon! Moving is so stressful. Good luck!!

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Thanks so much Jen! I KNOW you know how stressful moving can be!

Kate October 5, 2011 at 5:07 am

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you :)
Your book sounds really interesting, definitely going on my list of books to look for.

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Thank you Kate! :D

angie October 5, 2011 at 6:07 am

Those colors look perfect for autumn. Good luck with your house closing!

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Thanks so much Angie!

Ellen October 5, 2011 at 7:04 am

We will pray for you! Hopefully soon, you can look back on this time as ‘not as bad’ as you thought. I remember the process 5 years ago of when we were moving/selling/buying a house: our computers were side by side and my children were enthralled with a particular Lego computer game. As I sat house searching and doing all kinds of things, all I heard was the music from that game. Although I can look back at that move time as being ‘not as bad’, I do admit, that I STILL hate to hear that music – it brings back all that stressful time. Thankfully, they gave the game away…

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Thank you for this comment Ellen. It made me laugh. Isn’t it funny how music and such can trigger our memories. :) I cannot imagine looking back on this one day and thinking it wasn’t so bad. I’m sure we will but right now it has been absolute craziness– for both us and the sellers.

no spring chicken October 5, 2011 at 7:14 am

The sweater looks quite handsome! I love a good mindless knit thrown between more complicated patterns…

Fingers are crossed!

Blessings, Debbie

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Thank you Debbie. :) Mindless knitting is definitely what I am needing right now. Funny how relaxing stockinette stitch can be!

Susan @ Home Hum October 5, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! Waiting for the bank, and coordinating closing and moving dates is so nerve-wracking. I hope that everything falls into place for you this week, and you will soon be settling into your new home.

I really like the yarn you’re using for Gabriel’s sweater. The Radical Homemakers book looks like a good read. I’m going to put it on my list.

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm

“Waiting for the bank, and coordinating closing and moving dates is so nerve-wracking.” Exactly!!!!

Thank you for the kind comment Susan. We will know more tomorrow about where everything stands…..keeping those fingers crossed!!

Cynthia October 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Thank you to everyone for all of your kind thoughts and comments. They really do mean so much to me. We are hoping to hear for sure on where everything stands tomorrow on our loan, etc. Hopefully everything will start to go smoothly here soon as it has been one crazy roller coaster!