Lately it has been hard for me to be grateful. I find myself dealing with so much right now. I’m not one that really likes to discuss my personal life in intimidate details so please forgive me for not going into things too deeply. It’s just that life has been hard these past few weeks. Very hard.
It seems I need to stop and take some time to reflect on the things I do have to be grateful for. Today I am grateful for:
- my children being so fascinated by the frozen spider web found in the yard this morning
- the completely goofy sense of humor my daughter has and how she made us all crack up today
- the dog that licked Gabriel all over the face while on our walk the other day and left Gabriel standing there completely shocked (and a little disgusted! the look on his face was priceless!)
- seeing the strength in my 14 year old son while he deals with his own pain and recent loss
- enjoying a homemade meal together while the weather is icy and gloomy outside
- Reading and knitting by the fireplace at night once the little ones are tucked in bed
- pausing in the garden today to enjoy the sight of all the plants laced with frosty ice from the freezing fog we keep experiencing
Thank you to Taryn for hosting Gratitude Sunday. Please be sure to stop by and visit everyone’s post. And thank you all for stopping by and reading this post today. I am still out there in the blogging world- just not so much lately!