.:Yarn Along:.

by Cynthia on February 26, 2013

Yarn Along February 26

Yarn Along February 26

It’s been so long since I’ve done a Yarn Along post! I’ve missed this weekly blogging routine so I decided to take part in today’s Yarn Along. It is always so inspiring seeing what everyone is creating and reading.

This week I decided I really needed to take a break from all the nonfiction I keep reading. It’s literally been months since I read a book just to read. I need a book to escape to right now. Something to take me away from my own world for just a bit each day. The other night I picked up Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson. It is a smaller book so it’s not quite so intimidating to finish. These days I seem to have just little fragments of time to devote to reading. The book instantly pulled me in and I find myself looking forward to the night when the house is quiet and I can escape to reading it.

As far as knitting goes, I am still working on Gabriel’s Milo. I’m only managing a round or two a day this week so progress feels slow. I’m loving the little cable! I was going to skip adding a cable and knit just a simple little vest but then decided the blue yarn would look good with a cable. I’m glad I changed my mind!

One reason my Milo progress is slow is because of the Weekend Shawl I just started the other day. I’m loving the color and the silk. I want to just keep knitting away at it! It is going to be a gift for someone so it has a deadline which is another reason why it is receiving more of my attention this week.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is reading and working on this week. As always, thanks so much to Ginny for hosting the Yarn Along.

Taryn Oakley February 27, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I love the color for your milo! I just finished one for my daughter and have started a second as a gift!

sustainablemum February 27, 2013 at 3:21 pm

That shawl pattern is beautiful, love the colour of the milo. Hope you can get it finished before he grows too big for it!

lori February 28, 2013 at 9:33 am

oh my that is the most beautiful color blue! good luck with finishing the shawl, i’m sure it’s going to be beautiful too. i just started that same book, it’s lovely so far i’m really enjoying it too. i found you through the wonderful yarnalong!

Taryn Kae Wilson @ Wooly Moss Roots February 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I love love the color of your Milo. I think the next time I make one I’ll be brave and do the cabling, it looks so beautiful.

a little crafty nest March 1, 2013 at 9:00 am

Cynthia…All your yarn is gorgeous…I’m assuming it’s your? The blues are beautiful!!! I love the milo vest…I made one with the heart cable which was my first cable experience. I was surprised at how easy it turned out to be ~ I was so intimidated by cabling. I’m sure a bigger cable piece would have me flummoxed, though. I also have read this book, a long time ago. I think I remember it being good, and an easy read like you said. And to continue our conversation…I threw out the plum bark bath and have started cherry, doing a different method. In a week, I should have some results :)
xo Jules

Suddenexpression March 7, 2013 at 6:47 am

I love Milo vests! Aren’t they the cutest? I should make a new one for my daughter. You know you have the right book when you look forward to reading more!